Recycling Anti-Contamination: Feet on the Street Initiative
The City of Apopka in partnership with The Recycling Partnership is launching a recycling education initiative, “Recycling Anti-Contamination: Feet on the Street” in the month of October 2020. Visit our Feet on the Street page to find out more.
Household recycling (gray cart) is collected every other Wednesday and is determined by your garbage collection day. Please refer to our Recycling Schedule for current pickup dates. If you need more room for recycling, refer to the "R" program to see your options.
Recycling Do's and Don'ts
Recyclable Items Accepted
- Plastic: Bottles and Containers labeled #1 through #5
- Metal: Tin, aluminum, steel, and empty aerosol cans
- Glass: Bottles and jars
- Cardboard: Flattened and corrugated boxes
- Paper: Newspaper and advertisements, paper bags, junk mail, magazines and catalogs, office/note paper, phone books, cereal/shoe/drink boxes, milk/juice cartons.
Items Not Accepted
- Plastic Bags
- Food waste or liquids
- Pizza boxes or juice pouches
- Clothing, textiles, or carpet
- Hazardous materials or electronics
- Plants or yard waste such as bagged or loose grass, leaves, or small branches
- Shredded paper
- Dishes, paper plates, pots, or pans
- Toys or laundry baskets
- Gift wrap, ribbon, or bows
- Hangers (plastic or wire)
Consumers can look up where to recycle specific materials in their area by zip code by visiting Earth911.com
Apopka Youth Council Educational Video on Recycling
The Apopka Youth Council filmed this educational video to help residents become knowledgeable on sustainability in the City of Apopka.