- Feature Links
- Social Media
The City of Apopka’s social media presence is to allow users to connect with others and share information, media, and comments. Social media is an effective tool in communicating with residents, supporting City activities, and promoting our community. It allows the City to quickly and efficiently disseminate information.
These services are hosted by third parties and are governed by their own website policies.
These guidelines are not meant to address one particular form of social media. We understand that technology will change and new tools will emerge.
The City’s website www.apopka.net will remain the City’s primary and predominant means of internet communication.
- Off topic comments
- Graphic, obscene, profane or explicit language, pictures or videos
- Fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading posts
- Abusive, threatening, hateful or posts intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- Threats of physical or bodily harm
- Anything that violates local, state, or federal laws and/or is otherwise unlawful
- Any spam or advertising solicitation
- Information that could compromise individual or public safety
- Promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates
- Contains confidential or proprietary information that is unlawful to disclose
- Campaign information from a candidate for elected office or anything related to a candidate’s personal campaign.
- Identical posts by the same user
- Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or other legal ownership interest of any other party
- Anything that violates the hosting site
This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
All of the City of Apopka social media sites are managed by staff during normal business hours Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM. Comments or questions submitted after hours, weekends or holidays may be read by staff members the next business day. We accept no responsibility for lack of service of a social media site.
- No legal promises are made for accuracy or completeness of information.
- City makes no warranties regarding the safety or security of using social media sites.
- All social media posts are public record.
- All content created by the City for use on social media platforms is copyrighted and may not be used for commercial purposes without license.
- We do not accept unsolicited proposals or business ideas through this media. Do not submit any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process. Our social media sites are not used to report criminal activity. Please contact the local police agency directly.
- Being followed by the City of Apopka does not imply endorsement of any kind.
- Links to other internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein
Public Record Law
The City of Apopka’s social media sites are subject to applicable public record laws contained in Chapter 119, Florida Statutes. Content that is maintained by the City of Apopka on a social media platform is subject to public record disclosure. This includes communication posted by the City and received from citizens.