State Road 429 Widening for West Road to State Road 414 (Project 429-153): Public Hearing on January 27, 2021A virtual public meeting will be held on January 27, 2021. Register online to attend this upcoming virtual public meeting with the Central Florida Expressway Authority.
Starting in mid 2021, the Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) will begin the 13 mile widening of State Road 429 (Daniel Webster Western Beltway) Tilden Road to S.R. 414 (John Land Apopka Expressway). The widening, anticipated to be complete by mid-2024, will be broken into three segments to minimize impact to motorists.
CFX will add a travel lane to S.R. 429 in each direction between Tilden Road and S.R. 414 as well as sound walls along several locations of the expressway. CFX is also implementing a new design element of wider median shoulders that can temporarily accommodate additional traffic during emergency response events, such as traffic accidents or hurricane evacuations.
- The widening will add a travel lane in each direction for a total of 6 lanes
- The project is broken into 3 segments, segment 3 is in Apopka from West Road to north of S.R. 414
- There will be slight safety modifications to Ocoee Apopka Road where it crosses under S.R. 429
- Sound walls will be added in several locations along the corridor within the City
- Construction will begin in 2021 and expected to be completed in mid-2024
For additional information, please visit CFXWay.com.
Resurfacing U.S. 441 from Central Avenue to Bradshaw Road: Public Hearing on February 2, 2021
The Public Hearing is scheduled for 5:30 PM on February 2, 2021 virtually, by phone, or in-person at the Apopka Community Center.
All hearing materials, including the presentation, will be available on the project website at www.cflroads.com/project/442905-1 prior to the hearing. While comments about the project are accepted at any time, please send your comments by February 12, to be included in the records for this public hearing.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is designing this nearly 1-mile resurfacing project in the City of Apopka, northwest of the downtown core.
The purpose of the project is to extend the life of the existing roadway by repaving this segment of U.S. 441 and to improve safety along the corridor.
- Realigning eastbound U.S. 441 at Central Avenue to make the transition easier to stay in your lane
- Adding a median at Lake Avenue and 3rd Street to prohibit left turns from Lake to U.S. 441
- Adding a median from West 2nd Street to Washington Avenue to prohibit left turns from southbound Washington Avenue and crossing U.S. 441 from Washington Avenue to West 2nd Street
- Adding a median from east of South Hawthorne Avenue (in front of the Regency Inn and Suites) to west of West 1st Street (west of Robinson Restaurant).
- Adding Bicycle lanes along U.S. 441
- Realigning the crosswalk across U.S. 441 at the Wawa to shorten the distance for pedestrians
- Installing textured crosswalks at Central and maybe at Bradshaw. (The City will pay for this improvement)
For more information about this project, please visit FDOT's Projects Website.